How to generate a new report:
1) Open up Management Report Designer and select new:
This will load the page for a new Report Definition, this is where you make the report you wish to generate.
2) A report is made up of two main inputs, the ‘Row Definition’ and the ‘Column Definition’. Please choose the ones you want by choosing from the drop down box named ‘Row’ and
‘Column’, shown below:
3) If you wish to have more than one entity/department shown then you can use a reporting tree, this will allow you to see the report for other entities/departments. You do this by selecting the ‘Tree type’ then from the drop down menu select ‘Reporting Tree’, then under that a box will appear there you can select the ‘Tree’ you wish to use for the report you are
generating. Shown below:
4) Now you need to select the ‘Base Date’ and ‘Base Year’ that you wish the report to gather its data from, also select the ‘Company Name’, ‘Detail Level’ (this is particularly important if you are generating a report that you want to drill down into) and the ‘Provisional’ (activity
status). Shown below:
5) Once you are happy with the selected values of all the options select ‘Generate’ this will
start the process of creating the report and displaying it inside your web browser.
That is how to successfully generate a report.